Saturday 10 November 2012

Whole Foods Market - Cheltenham



Waking up to a severely sore throat this morning was not the best way to start off my weekend! I simply CANNOT be ill at all this month! Too many birthday celebrations at stake for tonsillitis to rear its ugly head!

Thanks to the new Whole Foods Market which has opened in Cheltenham, I went over to see what they had to help me beat the bug!

Now I had previously been during the week when it first opened and was super impressed. My boyfriend and I walked around in a food induced daze for well over an hour! It has such a nice atmosphere it actually makes food shopping a joy (not that I could afford to do a proper food shop in there as its kiiiinda expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for). They have so much good wholesome food on offer, which a huge percentage of the produce being locally sourced. The staff are hugely helpful and always offering out samples of food or beverages. We ended up buying some fresh pizza from the deli, a salmon pate and some soup - all of which is delicious!

However on my visit today I went straight to the juice bar. I choose a green juice drink which included spinach, kale, broccoli, apples banana and lemon. The kind lady that was serving me also added an extra shot of ginger to help with my throat. Its so nice having somewhere you can buy fresh and healthy readymade drinks, as I'm not always too keen on buying carton juices. I also headed to the salad bar. I picked up a cardboard container (eco friendly instead of plastic packaging - thumbs up from me) and filled it with pesto pasta, soba noodles and veg, so tasty and really filling. Now although this is no cure for whatever dreaded illness I have, it has hopefully energised me enough to get through birthday meal #1 this evening.

Oh and OMG the beauty section, I can't believe I havn't mentioned this yet! There is a large range of organic and natural skin care and beauty products. They stock brands such as Ren, Pai and NUDE and many others. They also stock Zoya and Butter London nail polishes which I'm incredibly chuffed about!

So basically I love this place and everyone needs to go there NOW.

If you would like a much more in depth review of this place along with some beautiful photos head over to We The Food Snobs blog. It’s a goodun. You can also have a look at the Cheltenham stores face book, they post photos and offers daily, as well as events they have going on in store.



Cheeeeeeese

Spices

Steak

Just a sample of the skin care they have to offer


Nuts galore. You can even make your own nut butter!



Enjoy the rest of your weekend




Ashleigh x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this place looks amazing, next time I'm in Cheltenham I'm heading straight there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be disappointed! Thanks for the comment xxx

    ReplyDelete